Sunday, August 28, 2011
Tomorrow I go back to college tomorrow, in a way it feels like starting college for the first time, because I am going to a different school now. It also feels like starting new because I am starting back after taking a year off. After much thought and pray I am in the process of changing majors. I'll post more about the changing majors when it becomes official.
Monday, August 22, 2011
1. Name Three Books you love. The Bible is a given Pride and Prejuidce Jane Austen, Cool Beans Erynn Mangum, Docotor in Petticoats Mary Connealy
4. Name Three authors you love! Jane Austen, Laura Frantz, Laura Ingalls Wilder i grew up reading her books
5. How about three adventures or Mysteries?
Mysteries Pride and Prescience Carrie Bebris , The Lover's Knot: A someday quilts mystery Clare O'Donohue The Secret of the Old Clock Carolyn Keene
6. Three Non-fiction? Through my Eyes Tim Tebow, Not Afraid of life my so far Bristol Palin with Nancy French, Playing with Purpose Mike Yorkey
7. Nancy Drew or the Hardy Boys? Which Book in the series is your favorite se is your favorite?
Nancy Drew The Secret of Shaodw Ranch
8. Narnia or Harry Potter? Name your favorite from the series you like best. For some reason I couldn't get into to either series.
9. A coobook or a how-to-sew book? How to sew book I enjoy sewing more than cooking
10. Historical fiction or fantasy? Name three books you like from the genre you chose.
Histoical fiction Sharpshooter in Petticoats Mary Connealy
The Frontierman’s Daughter Laura Frantz
Breathe: Lisa Tawn Bergren
11. Hardcover or softcover?
Softcover makes it easier to carry with me
12. Louisa May Alcott or Lucy Maud Montgomery? Louisa May Alcott Little Women
13. Jane Austen or Charlotte Bronte? Jane Austen Pride and Prejuidce
14. Would you rahter read historical fiction about the sinking of the Titanic, or the civl war? Civil war, I've always enjoyed battlefield and war history over social history.
15. What's your favorite classic? Why? Pride and Prejuidce is my favorite classic because it teaches you to get to know someone before you judge their actions. People arent' always what they seem.
16. Little Women or a Little Princess? A Little Women I love the March's sister's
17. What's your favorite time period to read about? Either the old west or the Revolutionary war time period. It just depends on what kind of mood I am in
18. G.A. Henty, J.R.R. Tolkien or Charles Dickens? What's your favorite book? Charles Dickens Oliver Twist
19. Ivanhoe or Ben-Hur? I not read either of the these books
20. Name three books everyone should read. The Bible, Soul Surfer Bethany Hamiliton, She Said Yes: The Unlikely Maryrdom of Cassie Bernall Misty Bernall.
21. Name Two Books we wouldn't have expected you to enjoy.
True Grit by Charles Portis very seldom do I read a book after first seeing the movie.
The Help by Kathryn Stockett I normally don’t read books that make it on the bestseller list
22. Name three books that have good movies to go with them. Fireproof, Pride and Prejudice A&E Version, Soul Surfer
23. Any Books coming out soon that you're looking forward to?
Sixty Acres and a Bride Regina Jennings Feb 2012
The Fiddler Beverly Lewis April 2012
Words Spoken True Ann H Gabhart Fen 2012
Heart’s Safe Passage Laurie Alice Eakes Feb 2012
Captive Trail Susan Page Davis
24. Name Two Authors you'd like to talk to. Erynn Mangum, Laura Frantz
25. Science fiction or a fairy tale? A Fairy Tale
26. A classic book you haven't read is...? David Copperfield
27. Shakespeare or George Bernard Shaw Shakespeare
28. Name a movie or two where it's acutally better than the book The Lord of the Ring don't hate me, but I thought it was better than the book.
29. Where is your favorite place to read? Curled up in an oversized chair
30. What are your favorite quotes from books? I've been thinking of something your father said - that the true measure of love is what one is willing to give up for it. He was talking about freedom - fighting for liberty. But I believe 'tis the same for love as war." The Colonel’s Lady Laura Frantz
"I love Mr. Darcy" Erynn Mangum Latte Daze
The decent, strong person had to do decent, strong things like love unlovable people and keep peace even when it wasn't easy."
— Mary Connealy (Doctor in Petticoats)
We're married. I will protect you. I will die for you. Better than that. I will live for you."
— Mary Connealy (Sharpshooter in Petticoats)
— Mary Connealy (Sharpshooter in Petticoats)
31. What book would you most like to see made into a movie? Courting Morrow Little
32. What book character do you identify with most? this is a hard one to pick just one character, but if I had to pick one it would be Lael Click from the Frontiersman’s daughter. She’s strong woman, who finds Jesus as an older teen.
Sunday, August 7, 2011
“All people will know that you are My followers if you love each other.”
Heavenly Father help me to love others as you first loved me. To give unconditional love with expecting anything in return. To love my enemies and Your enemies as you have called us to do. Help me to show Jesus through me and my actions.Devotional post
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
href="http://seasonsofhumility.blogspot.com/" target="_blank"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/NfWCZ.jpg" alt='create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!' border=0 /></a><br /><a href="http://www.mybannermaker.com/%22%3EMake your own banner at MyBannerMaker.com!</a>