Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What I've been up too


I feel bad that I have posted on this blog in almost two months. I’ve been busy with school, work, life and spending time with my Church family; as well as my family. I want post that I put on this book to mean something I don’t want to post random things that don’t make sense in order to have a post. So I consider this an update post to let you know what I have been doing these past few months. I have plans for a personal post soon about my testimony.
With life in general this summer my family and I enjoyed two family vacations. The first one we went to Gulf Shores Alabama and spent a week at the beach. It was a much needed relaxing vacation.
The second vacation we went on was to Nashville TN, which seems to be a given every year, because my sister loves Nashville. It’s her dream to move to Nashville when she graduates college. I however prefer the Mountains of Eastern Tennessee. It was a great trip I finally got to see Belle Meade Plantation and I have to say I fell in love with the house and grounds. It would be a wonderful place to have a wedding someday a girl can dream.
August brought the start of a new semester for both my sister and I. She’s a junior in high school where does the time go? I am now officially a college senior. August also brought about a family reunion and my great grandmother’s 90th birthday.
Granny as well all pretty much call her, has been the rock that has held my family together though the years. She married at 15 to a widower Baptist preacher who had two sons. Granny went on to have 13 kids of her own. Granny helped to plant the seeds of faith in my young life, which now looking back I am thankful for because I did not grow up in a Christian home. I enjoyed spending every summer with my cousins at granny’s.
It’s safe to say that we all had a great time at her party. She didn’t want anything for her birthday other than for us to share memories.
     Nothing really happened in September other that the official start of fall. This past weekend I did get to enjoy The Honey fest, it’s an annual thing in a small Kentucky town where I spent many a summer day.
     I started The Girl’s still Got it, Bible study of the book of Ruth by Liz Curtis Higgs. I just got to say I am loving it. When I finish it I plan to post what I’ve learned. In my Life Group (Sunday school class) we are starting a Bible Study called Conversation Peace by Mary Kassian and I know it’s going to be a good one.
     On the school front I’ve changed my major; I did this two semesters ago. That allows me to do what I want to do, and what God was calling me to do. More on this later when I do the next two post that I have planned. That’s an update in a nutshell about what’s been going on with me in the last few months. Oh yeah I've been trying to squeeze in a lot of reading time.

Happy Fall 

No comments:

Post a Comment