Saturday, June 11, 2011

Review of Courting Morrow Little

Title: Courting Morrow Little
Author: Laura Frantz
Series: no                 
Chapters: 38
Pages: 362
Genre: Christian Historical fiction
Rating: 5 stars 10/10
     Morrow grew up on the Kentucke frontier (correct spelling for the time period), but was sent to her aunt back east. She comes back home when she’s eighteen she is still haunted by what the Shawnee did to her family. Killing her Mother and sister and taken her brother. Morrow cannot figure out why all of the males at the foot have turned their attention to her. One of her friends is jealous of Morrow. Morrow has three suitors to deal with; a childhood friend from the fort Robbie Clay, Major McKie who’s in charge of the fort and Red shirt a half-Shawnee scout for the British. Who will she choose and how will her choice affect her future.
            Courting Morrow Little is the second book by Laura Frantz, her other book that is out is The Frontiersman’s Daughter, and her third book The Colonel’s Lady releases in August of this year. The first time I read Courting Morrow Little I wasn’t able to finish the book, because school was starting back; I hadn’t gotten very far into it. I didn’t think that I would like the book.
     However when I reread it this time I fell in love with the story and the Characters. Morrow has to learn to truly forgive as the Bible says, the way that God has forgiven us.  Courting Morrow Little has become my favorite book by Laura Frantz. I still like the story line of The Frontiersman’s daughter; I can see history in it even though it’s Fort Click and not Fort Boonsboro, and Ezekiel Click and not Daniel Boone. I can see why Lael in TFD ended up with who she did.
     With CML I was glad to see that Laura wrote Morrow ended up with the “hero” that I would have chosen had I been Morrow so to speak.  Both books are great, and I am looking forward to The Colonel’s Lady. I like the history of TFD, and I love the whole story line of CML.

No comments:

Post a Comment