Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten years later

September 11, 2011
It’s hard to believe that ten years have passed since 9/11/01. Everyone can remember exactly what they were doing on that day. I was sitting in my freshman Algebra class in high school. When a classmate run in telling the teacher to turn on the TV; when our teacher refused he rushed over on turned the TV on. We all watched as the second plane flew into the second tower.
I spent the rest of the day in shock I couldn’t believe that my country had been attacked. I didn’t think the day could get any worse, and then I got home to see my dad packing. Having him tell me that his had been put on alert that they could be shipping out at anything to go who knows where. I am so thankful that at the time my sister was too young to understand what was going on.
However something good came out of 9/11 at least for me. It was the first time that I called out to God asking His Son to come into my life and change me. 9/11 made me realize that there are no promises in life that we have tomorrow. When my dad shipped out God gave me Psalm 91, and as a new Christian I prayed that Psalm as a prayer of protection every day that he was gone. The Military calls the Psalm the soldier’s Psalm.
My boyfriend at the time, after the towers fell said that he was going to join the Marines as soon as he graduated high school. As a country we came together. Now ten years later we need to remember those everyday heroes. We must remember in our prayers our first responder’s police, fire, and EMS, and also the ones who lay their lives on the line to protect our freedoms our military. We must never take our freedoms for granted.
No matter what happens with politics now matter what. Rather or not you agree with this war you should support our troops. The Army, Air Force, Navy, and Marines, remember that they are away from their loved ones protecting our freedoms. To make sure that another 9/11 doesn’t happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment