Sunday, May 22, 2011

“My little mess is just that little”

“My little mess is just that little”
I have a new favorite song that I just love; I heard it this morning on my way to church. The song fit in a little bit about what we talked about in Life group this morning. The song was This is the Stuff, by Francesca Battistelli. The first part of the song goes like this
This is the Stuff
Francesca Battistelli
“I lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please 'Cuz I can't find my phone

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use”

     The opening Line got my attention mainly because I am always losing my keys and my cell phone. When I am in a mess, because I think nothing is going my way. God uses that time for me to grow, to challenge me. Just like the lyrics say, “In the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I’m blessed.” Which is so true; going through everyday trials I do forget how much I am blessed. By the grace of God I am blessed because I am live in the United States. I have the freedom to worship my God and be a Christian without free that I am going to be killed because of it. Christian’s in other countries aren’t granted that guaranteed that freedom.  
     In my Life Group (Sunday School class) this morning we had a guest speaker from India told about her life there, how she became a Christian. How she faces persecution everyday when she shares her faith, but she does it anyway. This is because she believes that it is God’s will for her live, that no matter what happens God will always be there with her walking ahead of her.
     I can learn so much from her life, I just pray that if God asks the same of me, that I will trust His will no matter what happens.
“The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever-do not abandon the works of your hands.”
Psalms 138:8

No comments:

Post a Comment