Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Memorial Day Weekend

I am another year older, and hopefully a little bit wiser than this time last year.  I am not where I want to be, but thank God I am not where I use to be. I’ve enjoyed the weather this weekend that holds two important days. Memorial Day and my birthday, to me Memorial Day has always been a day to remember why the United States is a free country. Growing up in a military family the day and week was about remembrance not going to the lake or being able to get in the pool.
When I was little and my birthday would either fall on the weekend before Memorial Day or on Memorial Day itself I would get a little mad, that I couldn’t have a party till the following week, because all my friends were gone. Now as an adult I don’t mind, because I can honor those who died protecting my freedom on a day that it is also important to my family and me, the day of my birth.


Yesterday my mom, my sister and I went to Joe’s Crab Shack for my birthday dinner.

Afterwards we walked on the riverfront and saw flags on the lawn in honor of those who served and died for our country.


Today went to a local farm to get fresh strawberries my favorite. In order to make homemade strawberry shortcake, my “Cake” I don’t like the icing on bakery cakes. Where my sister got a kick out of feeding fish

  Then to Half price books a bookstore in town where you can get books half price. With the half price and a twenty percent off sale I was able to get three books for the $13.07, books that I couldn’t find at any other book store. With Barnes and Noble’s I am lucky to get out of there without spending more than 30 $.  These are the three books I got:

I want to thank all those of those who have served, are serving, but especially the families’ of the one’s who died to keep us free.

No comments:

Post a Comment