Monday, May 16, 2011

thoughts on a Sunday Sermon

Yesterday at Church our Pastor preached a sermon about “The Last Lecture” he got the idea after the Book The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. Our Pastor used examples of “last Lectures” from the Bible. How Moses’ last lecture was for a blessing on Israel. Joshua’s last lecture of reminder of “Who were are, and Who’s we are.” David and his prayer for his son Solomon, Paul’s to encourage Timothy.

What got me was the question that our Pastor asked at the end, “What will be your “Last Lecture?” I am now thinking about what my Last Lecture will be. Will it be advice to my children if that is God’s will for my life? Being able to pass on knowledge and raise a generation of Christians living for God.

I do know one thing I want my Last Lecture to have an impact. An Impact for Christ, that I lived my life for Him. I want to be remembered as a nurse (once I finish nursing school) as a Christian Woman, wife and mother. A woman who made a difference not only for changing the world for Christ by reaching the lost, but also to help people with the skills I’ve learned as a nurse. I now know that I have to add this book to my reading list. What will your Last Lecture be?

No comments:

Post a Comment